Welcome to the Missions Blog!

Our mission teams will be posting events as they are On Mission all around the globe. Join the team by praying - it will strengthen them. Leave 'em a comment - it will encourage them. Join a team in the future - it will change your life.

The archives section tells the stories from our recent trips to Peru, Alaska, Romania and Canada - they will encourage you.
____________________________________________

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Thursday is done... and it was awesome.

Today has been awesome. We had a great day of worship and teaching. We then took a 3 hour hike up a mountain. The views were maginificent. God's creation is so incredible.

We finished with a "talent night." It is really very difficult to type anything to describe the evening. My brain is dead 'cause I laughed so hard when one boy got up with a talent of "ping-pong." Randy asked him if he was going to play a game of ping-pong by himself. It got more interesting when he asked for 2 balls. They scrambled to locate the ping-pong balls and gave them to the smiling boy. He then placed one in each arm pit, raised his arms and the balls fell to the floor. He smiled, the crowd celebrated and I'll never be the same. My mind can't figure out what was happening. I am not sure if this is funny to you but I am using these notes as a type of therapy to help me heal. :)

Everyone is doing great. We are starting to get a little tired but we only have one more day to give ourselves away here in Romania (at camp) so we are going to finish strong.

5 comments:

AngieSki said...

Hi to all! We're praying for your last day at camp. We have had a lot of rain for the last 2 days. God's creation is awesome!We experienced one of GOD's promises today when we saw a rainbow during a great sunset. Tell Alyssa I made an attempt to clean her car out a lil-bit(Ha ha).Angie is getting more computer skills each day and even helped me out today.We have not heard from your brother Josiah since Tues. morning. So in essence Mom is very lonely and killing me since I'm the only one home.We Love all you guys and hope God is growing the Church in quality and in quantity. In Christ Love, Ski and Angie

John and Becky said...

Hello to all,

Sounds like you had another great day in Romania. I know you must be getting tired, but we pray that God will give each of you the strength and energy you need to get through the next few days.

Caleb: Everyone sends their love and hugs. We all miss you and can't wait to hear all about your trip. Sunday can't get here quick enough! :-> Love you very much, Daddy and Momma.

Anamaria said...

Hi Kelsey, me and my parents have been reading about your trip. What do you like best? I hope you like the food and that you have learned some new words. Are you bringing the ball? My family is praying for you and the team as well as the S.S class. Thomas B.

Anamaria said...

Hey Kevin, what a great trip. GOD is awesome to use you all to bless others. The little details are the ones that make up the best testimonies. We loved the story of the little boy and the ping pong balls. Can't wait to hear more, Jaime and Anamaria

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited for all the amazing stuff that you are doing! And I'm really glad to see that you are finding as much joy as you are in doing His work! It's a beautiful thing to see. I miss you all, but I'm so thankful that you have had this opportunity, and I will be praying that your last day at camp is incredible!!

Y Annie, te amo y extraño muchisimo! Estoy esperando que Diós esté enseñándote (y todos) más sobre si! Gracias para tus cartas tambien! I'm so proud of you!! I'll see you soon. But, until then, you will be in all of my prayers. :-)