Welcome to the Missions Blog!

Our mission teams will be posting events as they are On Mission all around the globe. Join the team by praying - it will strengthen them. Leave 'em a comment - it will encourage them. Join a team in the future - it will change your life.

The archives section tells the stories from our recent trips to Peru, Alaska, Romania and Canada - they will encourage you.
____________________________________________

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

The countdown is on...

Wow - in 24 hours we will be on the bus heading to the airport. Every team member I have spoken to is either ready or really close to being finished. At this point it kind of feels like studying for a big test and thinking you have done as much as possible to be ready.

Ed and Sandi Lewis have done an incredible job preparing our team. They have done a wonderful job building on the experiences of the last two summer teams. Thanks to all who have gone before us - you have made our efforts more effective.

Here are some photos that Randy Bullock sent us. You will be able to see some of the children that we will work with next week. The first picture is from the Valani village. The one below is from Geipu. The two children are Abbie & Stefan - the pastor's kids. They are awesome!





2 comments:

Shannon said...

I'll be praying for you all!!! I know God has some incredible things in store for each of you and all the kids who will be attending camp. Have fun & God Bless!!!

Love,
Shannon Lyles

Allyson said...

Hey Bonnie and Jeff and Margie and Walter,
I just wanted you to know that I will be praying for you and
the whole team while you are on your trip. Margie, I wanted
to thank you for your specific list of items I can focus on when
I pray. I also wanted to thank all of you for giving yourselves to
seve our Lord in this way. If you ever feel down or discouraged
know that I will be lifting you up to the throne and many others
are doing it also. FBC is very proud of you and what you are
doing. If you think of other specific prayer requests I will be
checking the blog daily and will be watching for any other needs.
May God bless you abundantly as you serve Him. Roxanne Zaharias