Welcome to the Missions Blog!

Our mission teams will be posting events as they are On Mission all around the globe. Join the team by praying - it will strengthen them. Leave 'em a comment - it will encourage them. Join a team in the future - it will change your life.

The archives section tells the stories from our recent trips to Peru, Alaska, Romania and Canada - they will encourage you.
____________________________________________

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Sunday

I am thanking and praising God for the way he used the FBC Ocala missions team in Alaska for the past 10 days! God blessed us with good weather, willing hearts, and healthy bodies to accomplish what he had planned for this team. While here we worked hard, prayed, enjoyed fellowship, laughed, shared testimonies and on our last full day at the camp got to meet and work with a great group of hard working teens and adults from local Baptist churches who came out to the camp for a clean up day, the first one in camp history! As I sit here in the dining hall in the middle of the night writing this blog reflecting on our time here in Alaska, I got to see in my life how when I make myself available to God and step out in faith for Him to use me for his will He will take me as I am with my weaknesses and faults and use me for His glory. I will never forget this mission trip and give thanks to God for the friendships in Christ that I made here and the humble part we contributed to the ministries at Laverne Griffin Youth Recreation Camp. God is sending me home with alot more than what I brought to Alaska. Yours in Christ Ken

1 comment:

Allyson said...

We are looking forward to hearing the stories and seeing the pictures when you get back! Travel safe and know that we are praying for you today!