Welcome to the Missions Blog!

Our mission teams will be posting events as they are On Mission all around the globe. Join the team by praying - it will strengthen them. Leave 'em a comment - it will encourage them. Join a team in the future - it will change your life.

The archives section tells the stories from our recent trips to Peru, Alaska, Romania and Canada - they will encourage you.
____________________________________________

Sunday, May 23, 2010

The Amazing Journey

It's hard to believe this is the last night of an amazing journey. What started as only a vague utterance to go on a Missions trip if it was ever to Alaska or Hawaii has culminated in a life changing experience. We often shy away from opportunites to serve, because we fear our ability is insufficient. What I have found, is that God is not as concerned with our ability as He is about our availability. I have had the opportunity this week to build a much needed deck yet I am not a carpenter, I have split wood for the needs of another family, yet I am not a logger, I have replaced basketball goals for youth campers, and yet I am not an engineer. I simply gave what I had, which was my availability, and God with His ability finished wonderfully. My challenge to all, who read this humble blog, is to step out and take the amazing journey that God will create when we take ourselves out of the equation and put the service to others in. I have been truly blessed.

Mark Immel

No comments: