Welcome to the Missions Blog!

Our mission teams will be posting events as they are On Mission all around the globe. Join the team by praying - it will strengthen them. Leave 'em a comment - it will encourage them. Join a team in the future - it will change your life.

The archives section tells the stories from our recent trips to Peru, Alaska, Romania and Canada - they will encourage you.
____________________________________________

Friday, February 5, 2010

Bagless...

Well... I do have a bag. My small backpack that I carried onto the plane. My big pack with all of my clothes, food and all other important things are somewhere between Orlando and the Dominican Republic.

I met some neat folks from the states as a result of losing my bag. A group called Operation Smile had a team member lose his bag, too. We worked for about an hour to see if we could trace our bag (no success) and then they gave me a ride from the airport to our hotel. That was huge - a 30 minute ride would have cost me about $50. I also would have had to trust a taxi driver to get me to a hotel that I had no clue how to locate other than an address. God worked that out...

Our team is leaving here in at 4:30AM. Our time here is 1 hour ahead of Eastern time. So... I am heading to Haiti for 2 weeks without clothes, snacks or my toothbrush. :)

We have a medical team coming behind us at some point. We will find out tomorrow a little more. Terry Henderson, our Disaster Relief leader, said that this is our first glitch that we will have to work through. Glad I could help us get to work.

We travel about 8 hours today into Port-au-Prince. That is actually where we will be staying.

Thanks for your prayers. You may want to pray for my team members as they will now have a team member who will stink and have bad breath, too!

On a serious note, tomorrow really begins a hard journey. Please pray that God gives us His strength, grace and wisdom as we enter into the earthquake zone. Pray that we have opportunities to share the love of Jesus in word and action.

2 comments:

Lori said...

I will keep you and the team in my prayers, I am so proud to call you my brother :) Love you, be safe.

Lori

Eddie said...

Hey brother, hang in there! I don't think bo and bad breath are the major issues over there (besides, I've always thought you had bad breath! lol). I love you and you guys are in our prayers. Be careful.